planting coconut

ntbandit at globec.com.au ntbandit at globec.com.au
Sun Mar 28 15:57:07 EST 1999

In article <36fe2ef2.1187988 at news2.silvernet.net>,
  drmoore at silvernet.net (Dennis R. Moore) wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Mar 1999 11:06:11 -0600 (CST), marcis5 at webtv.net wrote:
>
> >can anyone in this ng tell me which end of the coconut is supposed to be
> >burried in the ground the three eye side or the pointed end. I have the
> >three eye side up now and it is either growing sprouts or roots
> >allready.Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> >MARK
>
> Neither. Plant it on its side, Do not bury.
>
> Dennis

g'day mark and dennis,

all i did was as dennis said i left the husk on lay the nut on its side with
about the bottom 1/3 imbedded in compost and in no time a young coconut that
is now 1.5 mtrs high.

len

happy gardening
'it works for me it could work for you'
<http://www.globec.com.au/~ntbandit/>
"old age and treachury will overcome youth and skill"