Diffenbachia's---Help!

ntbandit at globec.com.au ntbandit at globec.com.au
Mon Nov 1 00:58:03 EST 1999

On Sun, 31 Oct 1999 15:08:25 -0500 (EST), DYunger at webtv.net wrote:

>How DOES one can for one?  I've read what I could find online, on the
>subject, but it is sparse.
>
>I have one who's leaf ends remain a small size and keep 'browining'.
>I've tried keeping it wet, keeping it dry, giving it light, giving it
>shade, keeping the light neutral...etc., but the plant will just not
>return to the lush condition it had when I first bought it.  And, yes, I
>do mist it's poor little leaves.
>
>Any suggestions?  (email to dpymy99 at hotmail.com)
>
>THANKS!
g'day,

check for mealy bug infestation.

light is important i find they need very good light and then need to
spend sometime outside in well lit to rejuvenate.

water only approx' twice a week summer, once a week or even less in
the winter. check for the need for by using finger and push into
medium up to the first knuckle if dry no dirt stuck to finger then
water.

best way to water is by the soak method put plant and pot into
suitable cantainer and then fill the container to the rim of the
potted plant, leave to soak for about 1/2 hr or so then drain and
return to favoured position.

misting of leaves i have found not to be necessary.

feed at the beginning of the growing season with a 9 month slow
release fertiliser.

len

- -
happy gardening
<http://www.globec.com.au/~ntbandit/>
alt' em address #1 <gardenlen at hotmail.com>
alt' em address #2 <ntbandit at my-dejanews.com>

"old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill"