1908 LUTHER BURBANK BOOK - New Creations in Plant Life

Diane Smith star961 at ix.netcom.com
Thu Nov 4 13:54:32 EST 1999

Written by W. S. Harwood, Set up and electrotyped. Published September 1905,
Reprinted September 1907; February 1908, by the MACMILLAN Company. An
authorative account of the life and work of Luther Burbank, titled "New
Creations In Plant Life". Chapters include..Luther Burbank, The Man, General
Methods of His Work, Creation of New Trees, The Amaryllis and the Poppy, The
Potato and the Pomato, the Lilies, Plumes and Prunes, The Shasta Daisy, The
Thornless Edible Cactus, Certain General Features, Breeding for Perfume,
Hardening and Adaptation, On the Origin of the New Species, How May I Do It
Too - Breeding, How May I Do It Too - Grafting, Commercial Aspects of the
Work, Carnegie Grant, A Day With Mr. Burbank, His Personality, The Plan
Books, Theories and Conclusions, His Place in the World, The New Opuntias,
The New Work. Contains 50 black and white illustrations, 430 pages. Cloth
covered hardback book. The back five pages lists other books popular at the
same time by the same publisher...for .75 cents each!! The book is in very
good condition, does have a few stamped marks from the "Western Washington
Experiment Station" on inside page. All pages are intact, spine is straight.
Please click below to view.
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=192588842