Brown Thumb Needs Help

Chris tropicals at mailcity.com
Wed Nov 10 06:43:49 EST 1999

HI:
Your Ivy should do fine do not overwater and be sure
your plants do no sit on water specially if temperatures
get below 60F. My opinion is that a grapevine is not
a good plant for an office (more like a greenhouse).
Grapes have long dormancy periods and in the office
you always want color or even flowers. A really good
plant for novice gardeners is a spider plant they are
nice easy to grow and hard to kill :-). Also the spider
plant produces lots of oxygen and clears bad fumes.
you also have the "boa" vine easy to grow and too much
water wont kill it.
All plants need at least 6 hours of sunlight or more and
even though you have a window I heard there is hardly
any sun during winter in Alaska. Be sure you have some
fluorescent light for your plants to help them. And some
fertilizer once every 6 weeks will help.
Hint: Fertilizers can kill plants do not put too much stay
with a weaker dosis.
Hope this helps
Chris
infomaui at mauigateway.com