Question: Conifers and seasonal chloroses??

Mike the Tree Doctor mlamana at bestweb.net
Sat Nov 13 10:42:46 EST 1999

Daniel:

Thanks for your response. The whole issue of appropriate soil
fauna/symbiotic associations is quite up in the air with these trees. We
purchased them from native settings when they were already quite large and
with native soil balls intact - thus I operate under the assumption that the
correct fungal/ actinomycete/ bacterial inoculant was present.

However, at times past these tree were inoculated with P.t. spores and a
brew of Endomycorrhizal species spores. What is your opinion of competitive
displacement of native symbiotic flora with the addition of the exogenous
ones???

Thanks for all your input!

Mike the Tree Doctor
www.treedoctors.com