Cocaine=Chocolate? NOT

Stephen M Jankalski CEREOID at prodigy.net
Sun Nov 14 08:09:29 EST 1999

Now I've heard everything and an aside from Roger!

I thought you were the one who would post those answers. You're holding out
on us again. I suppose you're saving it for the next United Nations
conference.

Why waste ones efforts on some silly bar bet when it is much easier to
snipe at the one providing the answer?

Its bad enough that some fool is trying to start a rumor that Cocaine is in
Chocolate.

Now you insist on going off topic.

Why not tell us the Coca-Cola story instead?
http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/cocaine.htm

http://www.angelfire.com/ns/cocacola/story.html

http://www.sodafountain.com/softdrnk/cokercp.htm

Roger Whitehead <rgw at office-futures.com> wrote in article
<VA.000007c4.00600449 at rgw>...
> In article <01bf2e5e$49970220$07899cd1 at default>, Stephen M Jankalski
wrote:
> > Now try arguing over how the best way would be to achieve world peace
or
> > find a cure for cancer.
>
> Why should they bother, when they can simply email you for the answers to

> both?  8-)
>
> Regards,
>
> Roger
>
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
> Roger Whitehead,
> Oxted, Surrey, England

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Now I've heard everything.

Cocaine and chocolate are made not only from completely different species
of plant, they are in very different plant families. The only way they are
related is that they are both woody flowering plants from South America.

Chocolate is made from the fruit of the Cacao tree, Theobroma cacoa in the
plant family Sterculiaceae.
http://www.botanical.com/botanical/mgmh/c/cacao-02.html

Cocaine made from the leaves of the Coca tree, Erythroxylon coca in the
plant family Erythroxylaceae.
http://sdg.ag.uidaho.edu/rapid/ERYTHROX.html

You can find that information in any encyclopedia.

You and your friends might try looking it up in a local library.

Brandon Tibbetts <btctNObtSPAM at wans.net.invalid> wrote in article
<000b8d9b.7254d20a at usw-ex0102-011.remarq.com>...
> Can someone help settle a bar bet? My friend and I are having a
> disagreement about cocaine and chocolate. Do they come from the same
> plant? If not, what are the two plants and are they related in any way?
> Thanks!
>

> * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion
Network *