Scale on houseplants

Starbuck pmdlandarch at xearthlink.net
Mon Nov 15 10:49:13 EST 1999

Try flushing or spraying with a mixture of 1 gallon water, 3 tablespoons
cooking oil, and 3 tablespoons of dish soap ("Ivory Liquid"  or "Joy"
works).  The oil seals the breathing pores and sufficates the bugs, the soap
keeps it emulsified in the water, and the water is the carrier.  You might
need a couple of repeat applications just to get areas that you missed the
first time.  This preparation can be used almost universally for all insects
(and molds and mildew) on all plants.

<12124-382E2907-56 at storefull-233.iap.bryant.webtv.net>...