Fungus in soil ?

glennh glennh at ecom.net
Tue Nov 16 21:21:11 EST 1999

I have more than 10 different kind of indoor plants at home. I just notice
that some two of them (ivy and columnea) start dying (leaf drops, wilts),
and I saw white stuffs on the surface of the soil that looks like fungus to
me. I changed the soil from columnea and I saw that white stuffs under the
surface too and smells like fungus. Is it really fungus? I am afraid the
other plants will get the same problem too. What should I do? I know I don't
pay attention to them as much as I used to, I just move to the new house so
I am busy with other stuffs. But I still love them and I don't wanna lose
any of them.
Any suggestion will be appreciated. Please send to my email, sometimes I
forget which NG I post my question. Thanks a lot in advance.

Linda
(glenn at ecom.net)