vitality of our soil

a. n-m. wylechiote at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 17 17:11:44 EST 1999

In my botany class we have yet to go into detail about the soil that plants
grow in. I am not sure if soil is topic discussed in botany. If anyone can
help or direct me to more info. concerning soil I would appreciate it. I
often wonder about how  nutritious the fruits and vegetables are that we
eat. If crops are yielded from the same soil year-after-year, do the crops
remain as nutritious as the prior year. Does the seed itself supply all the
nurtients the plant needs for growth? Do fertilizers provide the nutrients?

Anthony