Vs: pointsettias

Monique Reed monique at mail.bio.tamu.edu
Mon Nov 22 10:53:42 EST 1999


Correct.  Poinsettias are not poisonous.  However, the sap of many
Euphorbias can be extremely irritating, and some people are more
sensitive than others.  It makes sense not to stick your fingers in
your eyes, ears, etc. after getting sap on them, and the plants should
certainly be kept out of reach of children and animals.

Monique Reed

David Hershey wrote:
> 
> Poinsettias are not poisonous. That is a widespread myth. Feeding
> studies with lab animals have confirmed that poinsettias are not
> poisonous.
> .




More information about the Plantbio mailing list