Late night watering

Starbuck pmdlandarch at xearthlink.net
Mon Nov 29 09:34:27 EST 1999

The early morning hours are best.  (1-6 AM)  Watering in direct sunlight,
during the daylight hours, the water droplets can focus the light (like a
magnifying lenses) and burn the leaves (at least here in the subtropics).
Watering in the early evening gives
the entire night for molds, fungus, and mildews to grow.  But watering just
before
sunup provides water for the plants just as they are beginning
photosynthesis and they
have use of the water all day.  It's also the time when city water demand is
the least.  Naturally, some sort of automatic system is needed unless you
are an very early riser.

Tricycle is a Budhist publication which has ulterior religious rationale
that is unrelated to sound scientific observation and findings.  If one can
find meaning in life, more power to one... but religion is a poor substitute
for actual direct knowledge.

<20062-3841451A-15 at storefull-286.iap.bryant.webtv.net>...