toxic plants systematics

Stephen M Jankalski CEREOID at prodigy.net
Mon Nov 29 13:19:39 EST 1999

Some of the types of various plant toxins may have some systematic value
but there are so many that it may not be what Debrora has intended. Her
question is not specific enough. She will still need to spend many hours in
the library researching biochemistry and cross-referencing it to the
various systematic treatments. Who's systematic treatment would you follow?
Takhtajan, Cronquist, Thorne, Dahgren et al. or some other? Would you limit
yourself to flowering plants, all green plants or would you include fungi
and algae?

Monique Reed <monique at mail.bio.tamu.edu> wrote in article
<3842A5A9.706F0186 at mail.bio.tamu.edu>...