Ficus Benjamina Tree in trouble - its dead, Jim.

Stephen M Jankalski CEREOID at prodigy.net
Thu Oct 7 05:13:49 EST 1999

Ficus benjamina should come with a warning label. I'm sure those who work
in the place you bought are well aware of the problems with the plant. They
probably chuckled about it when you left the store. Caveat Emptor.

I suppose the moral to the story is that with plants, as with animals, you
should read up on them BEFORE you purchase one.

There was once a case on People's Court where someone was trying to sue a
plant store because the Ficus benjamina they bought had dropped all its
leaves. Judge Wopner threw the case out be cause he was already familiar
with leaf drop with the "Weeping Fig" and he knew it was normal for the
plant.

JL <lystadjo at pilot.msu.edu> wrote in article
<37FC6211.52D5A104 at pilot.msu.edu>...