creeping charlie

Stephen M Jankalski CEREOID at prodigy.net
Thu Oct 7 12:25:56 EST 1999

Dear Beverly,

Vinca major, especially its variegated cultivar, is often sold as a hanging
basket plant. It is a genuine Vinca, blue flowers and all. It is popularly
called "Vinca Vine". Don't know why because it doesn't vine at all.

The widely grown annual Vinca is correctly Catharanthus roseus.

I know Lysimachia nummularia as "Creeping Charlie". A close relative,
Lysimachia congestiflora, is currently in the trade as a hanging basket
plant.
http://hatchettcreek.com/culture/html/golden_globe.html

Still have no idea which plant Jerry is calling "Creeping Charlie".

Cereusly Steve

Beverly Erlebacher <bae at cs.toronto.edu> wrote in article
<1999Oct6.151322.20115 at jarvis.cs.toronto.edu>...