Hostas

Daniel LeFebvre daedalus at ican.net
Mon Oct 11 10:44:58 EST 1999

I am current writing a school paper on Hosta and Hemerocallis species
and I am getting conflicting information on Hosta taxonomy.

Could anyone please set the record straight.  I have until November 26
to hand in the paper, so this section can wait a bit.  But, the sooner I
can get the correct information, the sooner I can hand in the paper.

Here is what I have so far:

Kingdom: Plantae
Division:  Magnoliophyta
Sub-Division:  Magnoliophytina
Class:  Liliopsida
Sub-Class: Liliidae?
Family:  Funkiaceae?  Hostaceae?
Genera:  Hosta
Species:  not important at this time....I already have over 65 species
that I can use

Please contact me at the email listed above if you can help me out.  Any
links to websites, contacts that I can use, books that I can look up,
would be greatly appreciated.

Daniel LeFebvre
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada