Palm for indoor use

jmm james.m.mcclure at iac.honeywell.com
Mon Oct 11 12:25:48 EST 1999

Can you suggest a palm for an indoor plant?
I have a cathedral ceiling, 8 ft at the walls and 14 ft at the peak,
so I would want a variety that would fit well in this space.
I am in Houston, TX and have skylights - the room is bright.
It would get about 15 minutes of direct light twice a day through the
skylights plus diffused light through 6 foot wide doors.

I could take it outdoors for a few weeks each quarter if that is necessary
to keep it healthy.

The nurseries sell a number of types of palms.  I really don't trust them
to give me the right information.

All information is appreciated.