Pachypodium lameri

Andy Bolton agbolton at
Tue Oct 12 17:15:39 EST 1999

Hi folks - new to the group, but I hope that you can help!

I have 2 specimens of Pachypodium lameri, both of which have developed a
problem in the last season. New leaves appear regularly, but immediately
turn black and become encrusted in a crispy golden coating. No signs of
pests are apparent, and the plants are in the same conditions (south-facing
window, Sheffield, UK) as before the problem. Repotting has made no
difference to their condition and I am at a loss as to what to do to remedy
the problem. Other species of Pachypodium adjacent to these plants are fine.

Any help appreciated.