Sick Ornamental Orange Tree

Steve Hinkson sphinkson at worldnet.att.net
Thu Oct 14 03:12:16 EST 1999

Sounds like root rot, to me.
Citrus are NOT tolerant of stagnant soil, and do not fill a pot with roots
very quickly.
If the pot you replanted in was more than an inch in radius bigger than the
one it was in, then that sleeve of new, unused wet soil is causing the
troubles.
Repot again, and look for live root tips. (they're white).  If they're
there, go back to the original size for a while.   If you can't find any,
shake off ALL the soil, and plant the tree in the smallest pot in which it
will fit with coarse sand and just a bit of new peat moss.  Water well
ONCE,  then seal the whole thing in a terrarium, and hope it re-roots.
Steve

--
Drop by and see me at :
 http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/6811