How do you make a Poinsettia turn red?

Janice ginki at bigfoot.com
Thu Oct 14 23:43:59 EST 1999

Thank you Monique and Steve, I have hidden
my Poinsettia in a dark closet!  I just have 1 more
question, normal indoor light bulbs can't replace
sunlight for other plants, why do they affect the
Poinsettia's blooming process??

Janice

Want to make some extra cash just for surfing?
It is really easy and just take a couple minutes of your time!!
Go to:  http://www.alladvantage.com/join.asp?refid=ASI861

Monique Reed wrote:

> Poinsettias develop red coloration only under long night (short day)
> conditions.  Normal home lighting usually provides a much longer day
> than is necessary.  Try making sure your plant is getting at least 14
> hours of total darkness per day.  This should trigger flowering.
>
> M. Reed

and