need help identifying a plant

THE GRIMES SHACK thegrimesshack at aol.com
Tue Oct 19 23:33:42 EST 1999

Two weeks later it is a three foot tall stalk with short tight "fingers" on
top.  These soon spread rapidly to form a five or six foot tall umbrella-like
structure, similar to split leaf philodendron but light matte green and
delicate as a fern, on this succulent-like stalk.  The fascinating thing is
that this whole process takes only about  3 to 4 weeks for this huge plant.  I
want to steal it so bad!  I have been eyeing it for three years!  So I thought
I better find out what it is so I can purchase it somewhere.