catalpa tree question

Starbuck pmdlandarch at
Wed Oct 20 09:26:13 EST 1999

Reading back over my post I'm wondering "whatever was I thinking?"  Delete
the darn thing.  You are correct, and I resign from the game.   :-)

Sheesh... you'd think that I'd know the difference.  Growing up with both in
the backyard, they are among the first trees that I learned.  I certainly
caught a lot of bluegills on catalpa worms, and bent plenty of staples when
building fence with the osage orange posts.  When taking classes with
Hightshoe 20 years ago, he even gave me an "A".  (I hope that he doesn't
take it back.)

Apparently, I've been living in the sub-tropics for too long.

Sign me,