Plantbio-list owner is out to lunch for weeks now!

Fri Oct 22 09:02:58 EST 1999

At 3:54 AM -0500 10/22/99, Roger Whitehead wrote:
>In article <l0313030eb43582a84f4c@[149.152.32.4]>, Ross Koning wrote:
>> Please stop spamming this stuff.
>> I have received perhaps 50 messages
>> with this same useless line. If I get
>> one more I will be "filtering" your
>> address entirely.
>
>Bet that's got them quaking in their shoes! Besides, why are you telling the
>whole group, Ross? Unless you can filter the spam out on all our behalfs -
>which you can't - you're just contributing to the noise (as I am, of course
><g>).
>
>Roger

Hi Roger!

Indeed I have tried to unsubscribe from this
forum through official channels.  The server
sent me a memo that since my email address has
changed (by one letter in the ECSU domain) that
my request has to be handled by the list-owner.
Well, whoever that is is obviously out to lunch
for several weeks at least.  Perhaps not paying
ANY attention at all.

I sent an email to the whole list requesting that
the list-owner check her/his mail and of course
this has not happened for weeks.

In my opinion, the list-server and list-owner
for plantbio should be filtering email with
this subject line so that the whole list doesn't
get all this stuff. Filtering is a "basic" feature
of most email software these days...what ancient
servers is netbio.net using?

Frankly the whole netbio.net system is apparently
not being monitored and is NOT being filtered. I
am on several other lists from this server system
and I am slowly unsubscribing from all of them...
they are just rife with spam...some of it plain
porno advertising.

I get so much of it that I'm just sick of it. I sure
do wish the list-owner would unsubscribe me as I am
unable to do it myself...their server has too much
security to allow that, but not enough security to
prevent daily spam. Figure that?!

Sign me, MAD in Connecticut.

ross

Ross Koning                 | koning at ecsu.ctstateu.edu
Willimantic, CT 06226 USA   | fax: 860-465-4479