Stinky, smelly gingko biloba fruit: What to do?

Stephen M Jankalski CEREOID at prodigy.net
Tue Oct 26 05:17:25 EST 1999

Ginkgo biloba is famous for its foul smelling "fruit". Since its a
gymnosperm, they are actually seeds covered with a fleshy sarcotesta.

Since the species is dioecious, typically only male trees are planted for
landscaping. Somebody goofed. I know, that's a moot point now.

With this craze for Ginkgo biloba, maybe you can get people to come and
take the stinky fruit for you. Ginkgo is supposed to improve memory. They
use the leaves in herbal medicine but you can say the "fruit" are far more
potent! Apparently, whoever was responsible for planting the trees forgot
to take Ginkgo himself!

I understand that squirrels love to eat the "fruit". I'm surprised they
have not yet helped themselves to them.

David Hershey <dh321 at excite.com> wrote in article
<38153627.F4862346 at excite.com>...