information wanted

mr_theremin no1 at lightnet.co.uk
Thu Sep 2 18:28:54 EST 1999

Dear Mahesh,
                         Normally spelled 'Datura' without an 'H', it has
very powerful mind-disorienting effects. These can cause animals to stay in
the vicinity of the plant, and die there, thus providing the plant with
nutrients. So it is normally regarded as poisonous.
   Howvever there is considerable speculation as to the ultimate effects on
consciousness and the experience of altered states of
consciousness, and the possibility that these states might be beneficial,
therapeutic or interesting in some way.
   The effects are so profound that it should definitely not be taken
without the supervision of a suitably qualified person of persons,
as it can cause very erratic behaviour which could be dangerous.
   Recovery from the grosser effects of moderate doses is, however,
rapid,
             Regards,

                                 Tony

PS The seed pods known as 'thorn apple' are the source of the greatest
concentration of behaviour-modiying agent, although this is found in all
parts of the plant,  T
news:19990824134833.25928.qmail at hotmail.com...