Giant Ornamental Peppers

lynn lucas lucaslyn at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 3 15:49:10 EST 1999

I plant these things every spring because they last long into the
fall.  This year, in one spot, the plants are twice the size of the
other plants on either side, and the peppers are about 10 times the
normal size.  People have mistaken the fruits (now green and red) for
edible peppers that you buy in the supermarket.  They are absolutely
huge compared to the normal size pepper.  I planted all my plants from
the seeds obtained from a single fruit saved from last year.

Have I possibly stumbled upon a freak of nature?  I can't wait 'til
next spring to plant some seeds from one of these babies!

lynn