Giant Ornamental Peppers

Steve Hinkson sphinkson at worldnet.att.net
Sun Sep 5 05:08:23 EST 1999

You might well have a "sport".  That's a genetic mutation.  In your case
for bigger growth, and fruit.  You may have raised a tetraploid.  That's a
plant with more than the "normal" (diploid) number of chromosomes.  They
tend to do EVERYTHING bigger, including leaf thickness.
I think it's much more likely, though, that an errant insect crossed the
pollen from a neighbor's bell pepper with your plant last year, and the
plant you got was the result of that.
Steve

--
Drop by and see me at :