Fungus on Cactus

Ingar Pareliussen ingar at chembio.ntnu.yes_or_no
Mon Sep 6 06:20:38 EST 1999

On 5 Sep 1999 20:44:05 GMT, "Stephen M Jankalski" <CEREOID at prodigy.net>
wrote:
> Could you explain in greater detail? What makes you believe it is a fungus?
> Which cactus is it?
>
> If it is rotting internally, it is already a goner.

Im agreeing Stephen here, a fungal infection occures
usually when the plant is weakened. And with a
cactus I would bet my money on too much water or
too high humidity...
Another explanation is thouse small white critters, that
infects cacti. I don't remember the english name I'm afraid....
But I'm sure someone one knows the name.
I had them sometime ago, and I exterminated them
with a 96% ethanol that I applied with a brush....

Ingar.