Fungus on Cactus

Stephen M Jankalski CEREOID at prodigy.net
Mon Sep 6 14:59:24 EST 1999

There are a number of fungal infections that succulents can get. Some are
superficial on the surface and can be eradicated easily by spraying the
plant with a fungicide. On the other hand, crown rot begins internally and
by the time you notice the plant getting soft, it is already dead.

Poor air circulation and stagnant wet soil will encourage fungal infections
in succulents.

Those white critters are mealy bugs. Although some swear by the alcohol
treatment or home made cures, it is best to use a good insecticide to get
rid of them. Not Malathion however, because some succulents can be damaged
by its use. Read the ingredients on the label first.

Ingar Pareliussen <ingar at chembio.ntnu.yes_or_no> wrote in article
<1103_936616838 at kb0073.bot.ntnu.no>...