@@@ CLIVIA @@@

joseph joseph at post.com
Tue Sep 7 19:38:42 EST 1999

HELP !

I own 4 Clivia plants (orange flower variety) and I just purchased a
RARE yellow one. I do not have much success in getting them to bloom.
MUST they have temperature drops to 50 degrees during the winter ?
Is depriving them of water while dormant the answer ? Is there a "best"
time or "best" formula of fertilizer to use to trigger the flower stalk
? They are kept potted (root bound) as directed. I live in New Jersey
and they are kept indoors 15 feet away from a South facing wall of glass
(bright indirect sunlight). They grow profusely but rarely bloom...

Thank you.