Majesty Palms

gardenlen ntbandit at globec.com.au
Thu Sep 9 15:47:30 EST 1999

In article <phRB3.682$S5.60219 at ptah.visi.com>,
  "beatlesguy" <rick at citilink.com> wrote:
> I recently purchased 2 majesty palms and 2 corn (?) palms.  The end
of the
> leaves on the majesty palms are turning brown.  I have no idea how
often to
> water these plants,  or what kind of sun-light to give these plants.
Could
> somebody please fill me in on how to care for these plants??
>
> Thank You.

g'day,

the majesty palm (Ravenea rivularis) will take full sun so for inside
it will need a very well lit psotion, the browning tips sounds like
lack of moisture, the best way to water is to immerse the pot into
water and soak approximately once a week through summer, or water from
the top when the potting mix dries to the depth of the first knuckle of
you finger.

the corn plant (dracaena fragrans) will also need a good light
situation and the same watering sequence.

len

--
happy gardening
'it works for me it could work for you'