Help for our avacado tree, please

shram at webtv.net shram at webtv.net
Sun Sep 12 18:36:55 EST 1999

Like a lot of people in Florida who eat avacadoes, we sprouted the seed.
That was about 4 years ago and this is one hardy tree. It was even run
over with my brother-in-laws truck and is now a proud 6 feet tall. I
have noticed that when we spray other plants for aphids wih diazinon or
malithion that the overspray appears to be quite objectionable to the
avacado. Today we noticed some small (about a 1/4") white bugs. These
are the culprits behind brown spots on the topsides of the leaves.
directly on the underside is also brown but with the addition of some
grit which rubs off. Considering the tree's reaction to diazinon and
malithion what are these bugs and how do we kill the #$!@%? Thanks.

Tom and Star