Diffenbachia help

ntbandit at globec.com.au ntbandit at globec.com.au
Wed Sep 15 05:33:47 EST 1999

On Tue, 14 Sep 1999 20:46:42 -0400, "e.t." <emt1 at bellsouth.net> wrote:

>How do you keep one of these things alive?  I have had them in dish gardens,
>individual pots, in high light, in low light, direct light, indirect light,
>well watered, dried out in between.  Within a week, it starts drooping,
>turning yellow, and then dies away, no matter what kind of care it got.  I'd
>stopped buying them because it seemed useless.  Then, a friend at work got
>one as a gift.  Sure enough...well, I'm beginning to wonder if there's a
>jinx present here!
>
>This has become an enigma now.  Does anyone have a diff success story that I
>can try?  All the books, etc. have failed me.  I need to hear from a person
>with a success story that I could try out!  Thanks...

g'day,

well you've just about covered every scenerio.

i don't have any problems growing them indoors or in the garden here
in queensland australia. in the winter months outside the leaves go
yellow but they get a full compliment of new leaves next summer, they
grow in shaded well lit parts of the garden.

indoors a well lit position and watered when the mix has started to
dry on top.

maybe you could give me some more climatic information there may be
something there, or are you sure they are not getting infested with
mealy bugs, they seem to do this with ease when inside at times, apart
from that i can't really offer much more but you can compare what i do
to with what you do, can't see alot of difference myself.

len

- -
happy gardening
<http://www.globec.com.au/~ntbandit/>
alt' em address #1 <gardenlen at hotmail.com>
alt' em address #2 <ntbandit at my-dejanews.com>

"old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill"