Appreciate Comments on Botanical Trekking

Robert Hobden Hobdens at btinternet.com
Fri Sep 24 16:40:10 EST 1999

Having been to Nepal I feel you would have to explain exactly what the
guests would have to put up with not only with regards to the weather but
culture & hygiene too.
e.g..,when it rains in some villages the women rush out with their cooking
pots and using the dirt from the gullies in the street, otherwise called
open sewers,scrub the pots clean(?)Hope you have not just eaten.
I have seen children playing in the lakes that form from the runoff.(cess
pits)
To have water rain down on you is one thing but ash from a funeral pyre is
something else, I was covered in it and probably breathed it in too before I
realised !
Nepal is beautiful but one of the poorest countries in the world with
everything that goes with that and when it's wet 24hrs a day for weeks you
would need a very good constitution and stomach to cope not to mention
proper (and expensive) clothing.

Bob

news:37E95A19.2911 at orion.he.net...