Appreciate Comments on Botanical Trekking

Customer Service info at orion.he.net
Mon Sep 27 22:08:09 EST 1999

Matt,

Thanks very much for your comments. I completely agree with you.
Trekking at this time is certainly not for everyone. It's easier to get
people to come out for the rhododendrons.

Regards,

Rick.

Matt Smith wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Sep 1999 13:37:07 -0700, Customer Service
> <info at orion.he.net> wrote:
>
> >I would appreciate hearing your thoughts on "botanical" trekking. Please
> >post your comments to
> >http://www.adventurocity.com/discuss/nepal_messages.htm under the
> >"Researcher Seeks Comments on Botanical Trekking" thread so that they
> >can be shared with others.
>
> A long long time ago I trecked in northern India and Nepal right at
> the end of the monsoon, in some places we were the first trekker of
> the season.  Prior to that I sat around in Darjeeling for 2 weeks
> waiting for the weather to break so we could start trekking. I would
> think that anybody participating in a trek during the monsoon would
> have to be made of hardier stuff than the usual summer trekker.  It
> rains a LOT during the monsoon.  Tourists who expect a gentle 4 hour
> hike with 40 porters and dinner at the end are not going to be
> interested in being wet all of the time for days on end, which they
> will be.  Me, I went for the bugs so I wasn't too concerned.   Paths
> are also very difficult, slippy and muddy.  One other thing to
> consider is that the monsoon season is the leech season, if you sit
> down for a rest you can see them coming for you over the leaves.  I am
> not trying to knock you ideas, I think you would need to market this
> carefully so that you got the right kind of trekkers.

  Adventurocity Nepal
  Why take a trip when you can have an adventure?

  Rick Green
  President
  Adventurocity, Inc
  info at adventurocity.com