Problems with new palm.. Suggestions?

Mark Morissette pepper99 at NOSPAM.home.com
Wed Sep 29 16:58:50 EST 1999

Well, I'm an accomplished small houseplant grower, but since our new
apartment has a large solarium, I've recently gotten into larger
plants..  I recently bought a relatively large Palm from a local store
thinking that it would look very nice in the solarium..  It wasn't in
"perfect" condition when I bought it (Probably from mishandling, more
then anything) but it does look great.

However, I've recently started to notice some degradation of the
folliage that I'm at a loss to explain...  I'm not sure if this is a
bug problem, a lighting problem, watering problem, or exactly what is
happening.

I've posted some pictures of the plant in question, and close-up's of
the leaves, so I'm hoping someone knowledgeable can check them out and
give me their suggestions and info..

I'm also looking for some general palm do's and don't's..  Like I
said, this is my first time dealing with them.

Check out the pics at the following URL:

http://24.112.228.16/palm.htm

Any suggestions or info appreciated.. Just reply here!  Thanx!

---
Mark,  Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Remove NOSPAM to respond via Email!
ICQ# 17308959
ICQ ActiveList# 46757327 - For Chevy Beretta Owners!