Problems with new palm.. Suggestions?

Mark Morissette pepper99 at NOSPAM.home.com
Wed Sep 29 21:32:12 EST 1999

>Have you noticed any webbing associated with the leaf discoloration. If so,
>you may have spider mites. Palms are spider mite bait and that is the most
>common problem associated with them. Your plant may have already been
>infected at the store where you bought it. If so, you will need to treat it
>and all your other plants with a miticide. Insecticides won't work because
>mites are arachnids not insects.

Hmm.. Okay, just looked really carefully at the palm (The computer is
in the solarium as well..grin) and there is no webbing to be seen
anywhere, nor have I noticed it in the past..

I'm willing to try just about anything at this point though, so if you
suspect this may be the problem, I'll treat the plant..  Suggestions
on treatment?

None of my other plants (including rubber plant, which sits
immediately next to the palm) are showing any problems at all..  Would
this be expected?

Thanx!

---
Mark,  Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Remove NOSPAM to respond via Email!
ICQ# 17308959
ICQ ActiveList# 46757327 - For Chevy Beretta Owners!