Little green bugs

joffa murph at netspace.net.au
Thu Sep 30 02:20:44 EST 1999

Hi Bob
If these little green beasts are gathered together along the stem at the
terminal point then yes they are probably aphids.  There are a few different
species but they all have the same thing in common; they suck the sweet sap
from the plant which can result in serious damage.  Treatment is easy.  If
you object to using aggressive pesticides I suggest u make up a solution of
soapy water using house hold liquid detergent ( Dish washing liquid soap is
ideal) and spray the little suckers with it . That will kill them.  There
are however systemic preparations to give your plant longer protection.
These compounds are however are very hazardous and the necessary precautions
must be followed.  Try Folimat or Rogor, both schedule 7 compounds.  For a
more enviro friendly treatment pyrethrum in it's many forms is also very
effective though no systemic effect.
I hope that helps
Jeffrey
bob wrote in message ...
>    Some of my house plants,much to my horror, have these little green bugs
>on some of their leaves. I think they are called aphids. How can I get rid
>of these and how do I prevent it from happing again? I am an amature when
It