researching my liver herbs...

Steve, Tammy, Chloe and Ellysha Hale shale at wantree.com.au
Fri Apr 7 09:39:18 EST 2000

as a rule most the ingredients in herbal preperations are not always fully
researched. Having said that it is likly that if the treatment you are using
is from a large reputable drug company it should have gone through some kind
of FDA testing and be labelled as such. If it say a chinese remedy you have
no gaurantee's other than the word of the supplier. Many herbs are
benificial in small quantities and some have even become household medicines
(Asprin comes from Willows ) Might I suggest that you check out a good herb
reference from you local library and chase down any of the ingredients that
you are unsure of. I doubt anty of the herbs used will cause major harm but
many paople react differently to the same herb. You are more likly to react
due to an allergy particular to you than a general side effect. Good luck
SHALE
"gonbatty" <gonbatty at pacbell.net> wrote in message
news:gOVA4.1776$NE1.55907 at news.pacbell.net...
> Hi. I am having a little problem finding the information that i want.
maybe
> it's to simple for cyberland ,but here it goes.   I have hepatitis c and
am
> taking a supplement that is suppossed to "restore the balance to your
spleen
> and liver".  all i am trying to do is find  the herbs and plants in this
> formulation.  i mean i have the scientific names right on the bottle but
> what i am trying to research is how well studied  these particular plants
> are and what affects they seem to have when comsumed by  we homosapiens.
> theres about 20 different names on the bottle and they are all formulated
> be 750 mills. of each of the listed ingredients. i am not a wiz on this
> machine so i am having a really difficult time narrowing my search  down
> the right key words. any suggestions would be gladly accepted! thanks.
k.b.