Lycopodium Powder

jperry at uwc.edu jperry at uwc.edu
Wed Apr 12 08:45:39 EST 2000

Unless you are in a geographic location where no Lycopodium grows, field
collection makes lots of sense. I just place the nearly mature strobili on
wax paper in the early - mid fall and let them shed spores.

I used to show how the spores were used as flash powder, until my
co-instructor (my spouse) developed a severe allergy to Lycopodium spores.

jim