Grass pollen genetics

Monique Reed monique at mail.bio.tamu.edu
Mon Apr 17 16:33:26 EST 2000

The genes in the people or the genes in the plant?  If the latter, are
you sure there's a genetic component?  Many pollen-allergy sufferers
tend to react to pollen in general.  We even experience symptoms if we
get hold of pollen from things that are insect-pollinated rather than
wind-pollinated.  You might check with an allergist and see if it's
not just a reaction to the composition of the pollen coat itself.
IIRC, pollen varies more by shape and construction than composition.

But, hey, I could be wrong.  Any research which would reduce my
hayfever is great with me.

Monique Reed.