Important question re: venus fly traps

Stephen Jankalski CEREOID at prodigy.net
Sat Apr 22 10:52:43 EST 2000

Dear Faunmaster,

Why give away the punch line?

Yes, Venus Fly Trap will digest small pieces of beef.

Since plant hormones and animal hormones are completely different groups of
chemicals, there should be absolutely no affect on your plants. I would
suspect that the experiment you propose has already been done.

Charles Darwin had written an entire book on the Venus Fly Trap. It should
be required reading before you do your experiment. There is also a book on
the subject by Lloyd and others.

Do your research first. Go to the library.

Cereusly Steve

"Faunmaster" <faunmaster at NOSPAM.xiv.4mg.com> wrote in message
news:8dr43o$pk4$1 at slb6.atl.mindspring.net...
> I'm not a troll, this is a serious experiment.
>
> We seek to discover the effect of regular (hormoned) beef and organic (no
> hormone) beef on the growth rate of Dionaea muscipula (venus fly traps).
We