What is this plant?

Stephen Jankalski CEREOID at prodigy.net
Sun Aug 6 08:50:35 EST 2000

>From you description, It reads like some sort of palm. Forget the suggested
South African origin, its just a rouse.

I suspect it is a common houseplant but from your description I cannot place
it. There are many important details you are omitting such as coloring and
arrangement of the leaves, numbers of flowering parts, etc.

Are you saying plantlets are actually sprouting from the leaves?

You may want to look for it in an illustrated houseplant book. There are
many in bookstores and in the libraries.

"Janice York" <gjy at globalnet.co.uk> wrote in message
news:8miufr$j1b$1 at gxsn.com...
> The lady who gave me the plant told me she believed the species originated
> in South Africa, she did not know what it is either.
> The flowers are creamy coloured and tiny,   I have a picture of Begonia
> lucerna - Spotted Angel Wing - and they look to me like those flowers,
each
> little flower is less than a millimetre across, each group of flowers is
> about 0.5 cms across. The grow from a short stem about 2 inches long, like
> grapes but more spaced out. They are not particularly noticable. The
general
> shape of the plant reminds me a bit of succulents, sort of untidy.
However,