What is this plant?

Janice York gjy at globalnet.co.uk
Sun Aug 6 10:43:21 EST 2000

The leaves are green, about the same darkness as an aspidistra.
The leaves grow in ones, at the end of the branches, with no obvious pattern
of growth between them. They are definitely not in a fan as with most palms.
It looks more like a dracaena marginata than a palm, but it has branches not
just a stem as with the dracaena.
It is leaves that are sprouting from the leaves, not plantlets, although I
do not know if a new plant would grow from the baby leaves, they do not look
like plantlets as for example Bryophyllum do.
I promise I have looked in every houseplant book I have found as well as
scouring the net and asking the royal Horticultural Society.  No luck
whatsoever.

news:8mjq7k$498s$1 at newssvr03-int.news.prodigy.com...