Need treatment for scale.

gardenlen gardenlen at
Sun Aug 6 15:23:08 EST 2000

In article <398D97F5.1A982066 at>,
  Christopher Foran <christopher.NOSPAM.foran at> wrote:
> My house plants have a very bad scale problem.  I used Insecticidal
> on them a couple of months ago and now the problem is back worse than
> ever.  Can anyone suggest a productmethod to get rid of it? Thanks.
g'day christopher,

check to see that there aren't ants in the plant potting mix if so they
need to be got rid of first.

spray the plant with a white oil mix (this is a petrolium based product
you have it there but i don't know what it is called) do this outside
and leave the plant in a bright warm protected position until the scale
have gone, not direct sun. you may need a second application.

if the scale infestation is only light then they can be scraped off
with the finger nail.

happy gardening
'it works for me it could work for you'
"old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill"

Sent via
Before you buy.