mushrooms in a houseplant.

Colin Mitchell Beier cbeier at vt.edu
Thu Aug 10 17:12:34 EST 2000

hey mike

its a distinct possibility that the fungi you are seeing could be a
mycorrhizal fungus (a crucial root-infecting symbiont to your plant) that
just happened to (and this occurs rarely in a potted plant) produce
above-ground fruiting structures.  or it just could be some random spores,
which happen to be everywhere and cannot be eradicated by any normal means.
more than likely, these mushrooms will not harm your philo.  their mycelium
is spread throughout the soil, so eliminating it would do more harm to your
plant.  good luck.

colin
news:mikewhy-ya02408000R1008000957120001 at news.direct.ca...