Plant Selection

gen71038 at mindspring.com gen71038 at mindspring.com
Sat Aug 26 00:11:03 EST 2000

You might want to think about Oriental Arborvitae(Thuja orienralis L.). This
is a tree that under normal conditions would not do well in Sacramento, but
seeing as it would be getting plenty of water from a sprinkler it might just
be a good choice. It also is easy to shape when trimmed regularly.
Allan <gtbiker at jps.net> wrote in message
news:PTDp5.26628$Pi.814977 at nntp3.onemain.com...
> I have a long and very narrow (40 ft. x 3 ft.) planter area adjacent to my
> driveway and the side of my garage.  I want to plant dense and high shrubs
> or hedges to screen a busy street.   This planter is to the east of my
> garage so it will get morning sun and be in shade most of the afternoon.
It