how and why do sunflowers turn their inflorescence?

Stephen Jankalski CEREOID at
Tue Aug 29 12:59:11 EST 2000

It is called heliotropism. There has been much written on the subject. Do a
search using that word.

(Despite the similarity in name, it has nothing to do with the plant
commonly called "Heliotrope".)

"Tilman Lamparter" <lamparte at> wrote in message
news:39ABE9C9.D6EC35BA at

More information about the Plantbio mailing list