Wintering a Plumeria in North Dakota...HELP

Jeremy Harbinson "Jeremy Harbinson" at users.tbpt.wau.nl
Mon Dec 4 12:07:07 EST 2000

I can see no reason why you need to force it to loose any leaves; it is not really
deciduous, though it will defoliate if severely droughted. I have two in a
greenhouse, and they mostly lose their leaves in spring, commonly as a result of
spider mite infestation (the genus seems incredibly non-resistant to spider mite).
Suggest, therefore, you keep it lit, as before, and you should probably ease back
on the watering, though this is something I am not sure about - it may be
necessary to for flowering,
all the best,
Jeremy