leechee tree

Jeremy Harbinson "Jeremy Harbinson" at users.tbpt.wau.nl
Mon Dec 4 12:14:50 EST 2000

I wish you luck with it, I have never had luck getting the plant beyond the
first proper leaf stage - basically what you might expect based on seed
reserves. This was in the UK and then the Netherlands, and I thought that it
might just have been my incompetence, but then I heard in a gardening programme
on the radio that none of the panel had had any luch getting it any further
than I did.Tthe reason was a mystery - mycorrhiza were suggested as a
possibility, but this was a last guess, once all the obvious problems had been
eliminated. Obviously the plant does grow in plantations in the sub-tropics,
but there are no real clues as to why it seems to fail in NW Europe. Hope you
have more luck.
all the best,
jeremy Harbinson