Interior Landscaping Growth Initiative Information

mccarendesigns at hotmail.com mccarendesigns at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 5 19:24:05 EST 2000

I'm e-mailing you, other plantscaping and allied professionals to share the message of "Plants at Work".  But before I describe this unique marketing initiative, I am asking you to think about something.  I know YOU are already aware of the value of interior landscaping in corporate environments, hotels, shopping malls and other spaces.  But do you think our end users REALLY understand the true value of our products?  I always think my customers do, but each and every time one of them cancels or reduces their service completely, I am reminded our users don't understand the true value of our work and interior landscaping in their environment.  Do you wish you had a national marketing plan to change their minds?

"Plants at Work", is the joining together of concerned interior industry professionals to strengthen the interior industry with a unified face and combined marketing voice. The Interior Growth Initiative is a three to five year national marketing campaign to reach corporate and facility mangers and other buyers, with the message that plants are valuable to their business and profitability.  Sound good so far?  As a business owner, this is just the type of marketing campaign that I would like to launch but my company does not have the funds to do it with the style and depth that it needs to be done.  My solution was, to pledge $5,000.00 each year, for the next 3 years to ALCA's Interior Industry Growth Initiative.  I know I will receive a return on my investment - via increased business. My pledge will be pooled with everyone else's funds and a full scale, national campaign to increase the awareness of the value of interior landscaping will commence.

This campaign will not begin without your pledge too!  Just think, one strong voice, one sound message and all because you recognize, as an individual, YOU can make a difference.  The "Plants at Work" marketing message will reshape the attitudes, practices and buying habits of those who utilize your products and services.

For the Initiative Executive Summary you can go to:
http://www.alca.org/html/iigrowth.html

To make a pledge you can go to:
http://www.interiorscape.com/pledge/pledgetest.html
Or
http://apphost2.infosrc.com/alca/html/pledgeform.html

Please take a few minutes and review the Executive Summary at the above link. I hope you are compelled to take an additional minute and fill out a pledge form.
In just a few days, the Pledge "Honor Role" will be provided to trade press as well as various associations for web posting and publication. I'd like to see every Plantscaping and Allied Trade professional on this list.

Best wishes for the upcoming holiday season. Thank you for your consideration.

Warm Regards,
McRae Anderson, CLP, ASLA

PS: If you've already contributed to the Initiative, I thank you and urge you to contact other interested professionals to gain their support.  Sometimes the only difference between success and failure is initiative.

---